Early morning wake up call, Brooks running shoes laced up, and hundreds, if not thousands (depending on your location) of running fanatics, donning colorful tutus and silly turkey outfits, all lined up for yet another 5K Turkey Trot. Meanwhile the kitchen is humming with activity as the non-running crowd begins preparations for the day’s feast. Ah, traditions!
Speaking of traditions, here at Global Training Center we have had a little fun around this time of year in honor of the turkey day festivities, where we ask you to classify your favorite or not so favorite (cranberry sauce, really… who eats that stuff?) Thanksgiving meal item(s). Exercise that brain a little before that turkey coma sets in and hope for no repeats of fails from your favorite team.[/vc_column_text][vc_column_text]Here is a list to get you started, but feel free to add your own:
- Roasted Turkey (assume it was purchased frozen, NOT live, or maybe live if you are that traditional)
- Green beans (fresh, frozen, or canned)
- Mashed Potatoes (made from fresh potatoes and butter)
- Sweet Potatoes (fresh or frozen)
- Butternut Squash (fresh or frozen)
- Cranberry Sauce (canned or fresh)
- Pumpkin Pie- Cooked
- Dinner Rolls – Fresh
- Chardonnay wine, or your favorite spirit
Participate and you’ll be entered into a drawing for a chance to win 1 of 5 Starbucks Gift Cards. All you need to do is post your classifications for your item(s) and maybe share your plans for the holiday in the “comments” section below. No wrong answers, well technically yes, but we are not judging, we just want to hear from you. This post will be updated with the lucky winners on December 4, 2019.
Few more fun facts about Thanksgiving Day traditions:
- Thanksgiving is the most popular day to run a 5K. But did you know that women were not allowed to race back in the day?
- As of 2018 the Detroit Lions have made the most appearances and have had the most wins on Thanksgiving Day. More NFL fun facts here.
- The turkey just cant catch a break on Thanksgiving. Find out the real reason for your ‘food coma’.
- Thinking of having ham for Thanksgiving this year. You may want to look into something else as ham prices have surged
- A plethora of other useless Thanksgiving trivia to keep your guests entertained.
Have a great day with family and friends. Consider those who are less fortunate and provide a helping hand throughout this holiday season.