Import Doc & Procedures
Attend Import Documentation Webinar TodayExperience the advantages and benefits of attending a Global Training Center webinar
Too often importers expect their brokers to do all of the work when it comes to the importing process. Unfortunately the broker is NOT a tax advisor. Any errors they make could result in penalties for you, the importer. Learn the key compliance elements of importing, classification, valuation, country of origin duty payment and record keeping. Learn also how to decipher those cryptic forms your broker supplies to you.
- Teaching Time 6.5 hours
- Class Size Small
- Material 1 book
- Certificate 1
- NCBFAA or CEU 6.5 credits
What you will learn
- Learn what your customs broker should be doing for you!
- Six different ways to value your goods
- Country of Origin & markings
- Overview of Harmonized Tariff Scheduled of the U.S.
- Duty Determination
- Customs Entry Process
- Record keeping
- See Complete Course Agenda ...
Course will benefit
Importers, Purchasing, Logistics, Traffic, Customer Service, Customs Brokers, Freight Forwarders. Anyone involved or with the responsibility for International Documentation, Compliance Rules and Regulations.
Class is excellent for beginners and also serves as a refresher for experienced professionals.
Import Doc & Procedures
- THE IMPORT REGULATORY ENVIRONMENT
- Customs & Border Protection & other regulatory agencies.
- The modernization act and reasonable care.
- Determining Value
- Assists and Other Additions to Value
- International Freight and Other Deductions from Value
- Alternative Valuation Methods
- Related Party Transactions
- Currency Conversion
- First Sale for Export Principle
- The 4-Way Valuation Audit
- COUNTRY OF ORIGIN AND MARKING
- Country of Origin Regulations, Determination & Marking
- CLASSIFICATION (INCLUDED IN BOOK BUT NOT COVERED IN CLASS)
- Overview of the Harmonized Tariff Schedule of the U.S.
- The Classification Process
- DUTY DETERMINATION
- Free Trade Agreements and Duty Preference Programs
- Other Duties, Duty Exemptions and Fees
- Import and Entry Process Flow
- Preparing to Make Entry
- Consumption Entry – Detailed review of the entry form 3461 and the entry summary form 7501
- Post Entry Amendment
- Special Entry Types
- RECORD KEEPING
- Auditing & Maintaining Records The (a)(1)(A) List
- OTHER IMPORT CONSIDERATIONS
- Intellectual Property Rights
- Quota, Samples, Wood Packaging, Lacey Act
- Consumer Product Safety Improvement Act
- CUSTOMS ENFORCEMENT
- Penalty Process
- Monetary Penalties
- Seizure & Forfeiture
- Importer Audits
- CUSTOMS SECURITY
- Importer Security Filing “10+2”
- Customs – Trade Partnership Against Terrorism “C-TPAT”
- Free & Secure Trade “FAST”
Instructor did a good job on covering amount of material in the time he had.– Group Leader Logistics
I liked how he explained things in simple terms.– Public Information Officer
Instructor explained everything well and recognized that there were a lot of newbies in the class. He was easy to follow and understand, and simplified a lot of material making it user-friendly.– Corporate Counsel
The small class size was great. It really let everyone talk and interact with questions. We were able to not only learn from the instructor but each other.– Administrator
"Excellent presenter; material was just what I needed. "- Procurement Mgr - Webinar
"The most beneficial part of the seminar was the experience that John provided on this topic. His sense of humor allowed him to talk about this topic for 8 hours."- Webinar
"John provided places to go on websites as references and he also gave good use of examples."- Import Export Analyst
"I really liked key pointers for items to watch for and for other processes to put in place."- Assoc. Global Trade Compliance Analyst
"Great instructor, very good presentation, good oral presentation skills, good voice. Soothing and authoritative."- Business Owner
"Enjoyed the class, felt I gained a lot of information that will help me to organize my record keeping and self auditing our importation documentation which, I did not know."- Import Webinar
Class ScheduleIN-PERSON DATES
We encourage class participation throughout the class, not just at the end
We try to make the class as much like an in-person seminar as possible
U.S. Import Regulations Procedures & Guidelines
John D. Goodrich
Book included with registration!
Can’t attend? Click here to purchase book